Inspired by MAD Magazine’s fold-ins, these are the perfect way to send messages, tell riddles, or to just have a laugh out of it.
What you need
- piece of paper
- Fold the paper so one side of the paper is almost completely over the other side.
- Draw two straight lines, one at the top, and one at the bottom at like an inch away from the end of the paper.
- In the below area, across the crease, write a secret message. Do not use any weird letter combinations that you couldn’t find in any other word.
(For example: If your message is EAT APPLES AND ORANGES, don’t write over the crease where my slashes are: EAT A/PPLES AND/ORANGES. It would be impossible to find something that ends with “PPLES” or “ORANGES” in a common sentence.)
- Then draw something basic that goes into the theme of your message. Don’t be so detailed, that makes it harder to blend in with the picture. You’re trying to make it not stand out. But with this said, still make it noticeable.
- Fold out the paper and create the rest of the drawing. Make sure it doesn’t look ugly. Make sure the other drawing bits blends right in, like I said.
- Then finish writing the sentences on the bottom. If you don’t know what I mean, check below.
- Write the question down that you wrote the answer for below on the top and VOILA, it’s done!
The first picture is what I started with and the second one is after all the details were filled in. Enjoy!